Battersea is a community in the Canadian province of Ontario, located in the township of South Frontenac, Ontario, 20 kilometres north of Kingston. Battersea is well known for its fishing and outdoor activities as it is closely located to Loughborough Lake, Dog Lake and the Rideau Canal Waterway.
From Kingston and Kingston Mills, take Battersea Road (Montréal Street, 401 exit 619) northbound to Battersea.
From elsewhere in the Rideau Canal system (including Smiths Falls), take 15 south and cross the canal near Brewers Mills (any of Burnt Hills Road, CR12 - Sunbury Road or Washburn Road join Hwy 15 to CR 11 - Battersea Road). While the Battersea Road itself continues north to end at Highway 15, this becomes a winding road and progressively more difficult as one continues north through Frontenac County.
From Westport, take CR 10 - Perth Road south to Inverary, then turn east.
This is a large rural area with small villages, most or all of which are only reachable by motorcar. Greyhound does operate daily Voyageur bus service with limited stops on Highway 15 to link Kingston to Ottawa, but there's no bus on the west side of the canal.
- The Rideau Canal is a UNESCO World Heritage Site; museums along the canal include the Lockmaster's House Museum at Chaffey's Lock (35 km north) , a visitor's centre in Smiths Falls and a blockhouse in Merrickville.
- Loughborough Lake Marina, 2279 Loughborough View Road, K0H 1H0 (off Battersea Road), ☎ +1 613-353-6205, fax: +1 613-353-2543. 8AM-4PM, closed Sun. Docking and storage, boat sales and rental, ATV's, trailers, fuel. Adjacent to Loughborough Inn.
- Evergreen Golf Course, Wolfe Lake Road, RR#2 Westport K0G 1X0 (on Wolfe Lake, 1.5km west of CR 12), ☎ +1 613-273-6463.
- Creekside Bar & Grill, 2261 Wellington, Battersea K0H 1H0, ☎ +1 613-353-1102.
- Holiday Manor Northern Lodge, 5208 Battersea Rd, PO Box 46 K0H 1H0, ☎ +1 613-353-2211, toll-free: +1-888-730-7711. 22-room inn and marina at the base of Loughborough Lake with lounge, pool room, games room, tackle shop and boat rentals. $150-160/person/day, meals included, $100/person reservation deposit.
- Loughborough Inn, 2340 Loughborough View Road, PO Box 50 K0H 1H0, ☎ +1 613-353-2600, toll-free: +1-800-201-2837, fax: +1 613-353-1932. Lakefront cottages and chalets near marina on Loughborough Lake. Cabins from $200-300/night, with 2-3 night minimum.
- Lake Sun Club, RR #1 Perth Road Village K0H 2L0, ☎ +1 613-353-2463. May-Oct (weather permitting). Seasonal family naturist (nudist) club, established 1960.
- See also Kingston (Ontario)#Outside the city
- Frontenac Provincial Park, 1090 Salmon Lake Road, Sydenham K0H 2T0, ☎ +1 613-376-3489. 30 minutes north of Kingston by car, provides opportunities for walking and picnicking, fishing, canoeing, wildlife viewing, boating, swimming and cycling. Winter activities.
- Westport, a rural village with various stores selling crafts on the main street, as well as motel and bed and breakfast accommodation.
- Rideau Canal and Kingston