Baraboo is a town in south-central Wisconsin at the eastern terminus of Southwest Wisconsin's Driftless Region. A town of about 12,000 people, Baraboo's most popular attractions are Devil's Lake State Park and Circus World Museum. Baraboo is the county seat of Sauk County.
The nearest airport is in Madison. From there, reach Baraboo via Hwy. 113 and the Merrimac Ferry; Hwy. 113, 19, and 12; or I-94.
Visitors will need a bicycle or car to get around Baraboo and the surrounding area. The intersection of Highway 33 and Highway 123 is near the center of town. Most lodgings are off Highway 33 east of town or Highway 12, west of town.
Affluent visitors can choose to fly into small airports in either Baraboo or Wisconsin Dells.
- Al Ringling Theater, 136 4th Ave (Northwest corner of the town square), ☎ +1 608 356-0976, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Circus World Museum, 550 Water St, ☎ +1 608 356-8341. Step into the magical world of the big top at Circus World in Baraboo. Discover the National Landmark Site and original buildings of the Ringling Bros. Circus. See skilled acrobats, horses, jugglers, dogs, clowns, aerialists and elephants in 10 shows daily, May 18 to September 2.
- International Crane Museum, E11376 Shady Lane Rd. 9AM-5PM, April 15th through October 31.
- Ochsner Park & Zoo, 903 Park St. Winter: 8AM-5PM; Summer: 7:30AM-7:30PM. Animals at the zoo include Prairie Dogs, Capuchin Monkeys, Llamas, Black Bear, White-Tail Deer, and various species of birds and other animals. Free.
- Devils Lake Climbing Guides, South Shore Rd, ☎ +1 608 556-1135, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Rock climbing and rappelling trips and instructional courses for beginning and experienced climbers.
- Devil's Lake State Park, S5975 Park Rd (at the south end of Hwy 123, south of town), ☎ +1 608 356-8301. 6AM-11PM daily (visitor center open 8AM-11PM daily during summer, 8AM-4PM daily rest of the year).
- Raven House Antiques, 108 3rd St, ☎ +1 608 355-0073, e-mail: email@example.com. An eclectic mix of eclectic mix of antiques, vintage collectibles, junk, handmade jewelry, handbags, and seasonal decor.
- The Little Village Cafe, 146 4th Ave (Northwest corner of the town square), ☎ +1 608 356-2800. Fantastic food in an old corner store with character.
- Duward's Glen, W11876 McLeisch Rd, ☎ +1 608 356-8113, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The pristine 40-acre property offers scenic hiking trails, picturesque picnic areas, a pond, a rambling brook, and a white oak tree over 350 years old. The Glen also offers dorm-style lodging for small or large groups.
|Routes through Baraboo|
|Eau Claire ← Wisconsin Dells ←||NW SE||→ Prairie du Sac → Madison|
|La Crosse ← Reedsburg ←||W E||→ Portage → Port Washington|