The Old Town of Bar, which is 4km far from the coast, is the most significant among the numerous cultural-historical monuments, what witnesses to the turbulent history of this town. The remnants of the town are deaf witnesses of numerous conquerors and different cultures. In Bar there are tourist facilities, restaurants, sport fields, trade and a marina with 1050 berths.
Alternatively, take an one-hour drive by a car. It is possible to reach Podgorica airport through a taxi service. A transfer should cost €30 for a vehicle up to four passengers, and €60 for a minvan up to eight passengers. [Taxis from Tivat to Bar would charge €40 for a sedan and €75 for a minivan.
- Željeznička stanica (Railway station), ☎ +382 301615. both day and night trains departuring from Belgrade and Podgorica. Trains can often be slower than buses and those arriving in Bar (the end of the line) are sometimes extremely late because of delays in other places.
- Ship terminal. Daily ferries operated by Montengro Lines to/from Bari, Italy departing at 10PM and arriving at 7:00 and costing 56 euros and up. The company also operates bi-weekly ferries to/from Ancona, Italy.
- Autobuska stanica (Bus station) (2 km from centre, 300 m from train station), ☎ +382 30 346 141. Frequent buses operate along the coast to Budva, Tivat (for the airport) and Kotor. The journey to Podgorica takes a little over an hour, journeys to Ulcinj take about 30 minutes and journeys north to Budva and Kotor take one hour and just under two hours respectively. If you're heading to Bar's beaches in Susanj then you can ask to be let off the buses (for those coming from Podgorica, Budva and Kotor) in Susanj rather than having to walk all the way back from the bus station.
During the summer months there is a local bus service running between Sutomare (about 5km north along the coast) and Bar. Services are hourly. Bar is a small city and everywhere is walkable. The walk between Bar and the beaches in Susanj will take about 30 minutes or taxi drivers will be happy to take you.
- Taxi Bar, ☎ +38269949197, e-mail: email@example.com. 24h. minivan transfers, airport transfer services Tivat airport 40eur, Podgorica airport 30eur, Tirana 105eur, Dubrovnik 110eur.
- Car rentals
- A URBAN Car Rentals-Bar, ☎ +382 69 94 91 97, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. economy cars from 35eur day, private driver car rentals, rent a minivan with driver 110eur day
- A Marker Car Rental-Bar, ☎ +385 91 739 75 45.
- Stari Bar (Bar Old Town).
- Bar Fortress.
- The Oldest Olive tree in the world. Between 2000 and 2500 years old
- Port of Bar. See a lot of great ships, beautiful yachts and small fishing boats.
- Beaches in Susanj. Cleaner water and more space a short walk along the promenade north of the city centre
- Konoba SPILJA (Old Town). Traditional Dalmatian and Sestan Food.
- Pizzeria Pulena.
- Restaurant Samba, J Tomasevica 41, ☎ +382 85 312 025. Partly inside, partly on a terrace with amazing mountain views. Popular with locals. Pricey.
- Tajana (Old Town). Garden restaurant with tables inside and outside.
- Sunce, nacionalna kuc'a, ul. Rista Lekic'a, ☎ +382 69211010. 8:00 - 21:00. Home made national food. Inexpensive, for travelers on a budget, backpackers.
- Carpe Diem.
- Caffebar Holywood.
- La Esquina.
- Hostel Montenegro-Bar, Celuga Polje Bar (1km from the center of the city and port, 2 km from the train station and just 50m from the beach Zukotrlica), e-mail: email@example.com. Open all year round. Clean rooms.
- Villa Borović, Ratac, Sutomore Crna Gora, ☎ +38269072371. Family-run 80 square meter villa that sleeps 6.
- Hotel Princess, ☎ +382 85 300 100, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 4-star hotel directly facing the Adriatic and the boardwalk. Parking, fitness centre and other amenities. Single: €72-87; Double: €94-154.
- Shkodra, Albania
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Belgrade, Nis, and Novi Sad in Serbia