Ballito is a coastal town on the North Coast (KwaZulu-Natal) of South Africa. It's mainly a resort town, featuring beaches and condominiums. As Ballito has nothing interesting to offer beside the beach it make sense to travel further north or south as the beaches there are as nice as in Ballito.
From Durban, take the N2 north and follow the signs.
As there is no public transport available you need a car to get around. But as most of the hotels are close to the beach you can walk there. AS Ballito is a quiet save(compared to other areas is SA) even a walk at night is possible.
- Dolphins and Whales swimming along the coastline.
- Beach bathing and Surfing (Ballito Main Beach and Salt Rock Main Beach).
- Sundance (Bed and Breakfast), 18 Dolphin Crescent, Shakas Rock (Up the hill from Salt Rock Main beach, 20 mins North of Umhlanga), ☎ +27 32 525-5342, fax: +27 32 525-5342, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. From R350pp.
- Boathouse, 33 Compensation Beach Road, ☎ +27 32 946-0300, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast overlooking Salmon Bay before setting out for an activity-filled day at one of the nearby golf courses or just soaking up the sun next to the pool. Luxury en-suite rooms, a-la-carte restaurant, fully licensed bar and direct beach access. From R595pps.
- Hampshire Hotel Ballito King Shaka Airport Durban KwaZulu Natal South Africa, 4048 Moffatt Drive, ☎ +27 32 586-6000. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. 350-650 PP.
- Secret Spot, Shaka's Rock Main Rd., ☎ +27 82 495-9811, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A surf resort that includes lessons, and has an onsite bar and "private" beach. Varies R120-R480.
- Travel south to Durban
- Go further south along the Hisbiscus Coast through Port Shepstone, visit the Oribi gorge and blue flag beaches.
- Go up the North Coast and visit St Lucia, the Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park and the iSimangaliso Wetland Park or drive further on to Swaziland.