This is a calendar of events and festivals for the month of August.
Events in August
What is going on in:
- Tomorrowland Music Festival: 24-26 July 2015 . (date needs updating)
- Pangea Festival: 27-30 August 2015 Rostock. a sports, culture and music festival (date needs updating)
- Gongo Festival: 1-2 August 2015 Tsuyama. First Saturday & Sunday (date needs updating)
- Awa Odori: 12-15 August annually Tokushima. The famous "Fool's Dance"
- Momotaro Festival: Okayama. (date needs fixing)
- Jacaranda Agricultural Show (Pretoria Show): 23 August - 30 September 2014 Pretoria. (date needs updating)
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival: 7-31 August 2015 Edinburgh. (date needs updating)
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo: 7-29 August 2015 Edinburgh. (date needs updating)
- Liverpool International Music festival: 13-31 August 2014 Liverpool. (date needs updating)
- Race The Train: 15 August 2015 Tywyn. Runners attempt to cover a 14 mile route through a beautiful Welsh Valley faster than a historic steam train. (date needs updating)
- Notting Hill Carnival: 29-31 August 2015 London/Notting Hill. August Bank Holiday weekend (date needs updating)
- Reading Festival: 28-30 August 2015 Reading (England). August Bank Holiday - weekend of rock music (date needs updating)
- Leeds Festival: 28-30 August 2015 Leeds. August Bank Holiday - weekend of rock music (date needs updating)
- Milwaukee Irish Fest: 13-16 August 2015 Milwaukee. the world's largest festival celebrating Irish music and culture (date needs updating)
- A Taste of Colorado: 29 August - 1 September 2014 Denver. (date needs updating)
National public holidays and religious dates in August
Date to be aware of when travelling.
- Civic holiday: August annually . First Monday in August: This holiday has different names in different provinces, but this date is a statutory public holiday in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Newfoundland.
- Independence Day: 17 August annually . public holiday
- Heroes’ Day: 26 August annually .
- Woman's day: 9 August annually . Public holiday
- National Day: 1 August annually . because day off work August 1st celebrations are often (for example in Basel) held 31st of July
- Queen's Birthday: 12 August annually . mother's day / public holiday
|Calendar of events and festivals|
|January | February | March | April | May | June|
|July | August | September | October | November | December|