- Interstate 71, Ashland can be accessed by I-71 (U.S. Route 250 exit 186) which provides connection to Cleveland to the northeast and Columbus and Cincinnati to the southwest, ultimately running its course into Kentucky southwest to Louisville.
- U.S. Route 42 goes in and around the southern and eastern outer edges of the city of Ashland. It provides connection to Mansfield to the southwest and Medina to the northeast.
- U.S. Route 250 can be accessed by Interstate 71 exit 186 just east outside of the city limits of Ashland. The highway goes in and around the eastern and northern outer edges of the city of Ashland. It provides connection to Norwalk and Sandusky to the northwest and Wooster to the southeast.
- Ohio State Route 58 goes north to the city of Lorain from U.S. Route 250 on the northern edge of the city of Ashland.
- Ohio State Route 60 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to Hayesville to the south and New London to the north.
- Ohio State Route 96 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to U.S. Route 42 and U.S. Route 250 to the east and the city of Shelby to the west.
- Ohio State Route 511 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to Perrysville to the south and Oberlin to the north.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (IATA:CLE), Tel: (216) 265-6030, . Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is a hub for United Airlines as well.
- Ashland County Historical Society, 420 Center St, ☎ +1 419 289-3111.
- Ashland University, 401 College Avenue, ☎ +1 419 289-4142.
- Ohio State University, ☎ +1 419 281-8242. OSU Extension, Ashland County, 804 U.S. Highway 250 East.
- Ashland BalloonFest, ☎ +1 419 281-1144. Early July of each year. Hot air ballons fill the Ashland skies, event runs until after dark when they "light up" the ballons. Family event, food. Free admission.
- Ashland County Fair, 2042 Claremont Avenue. Mid-September each year.
- Fin, Feather & Fur Outfitters, ☎ +1 419 281-2557, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 652 U.S. Highway 250 East. Sports, camping gear. Very big place, worth the visit.
- Fitch Pharm Farm, 1591 Township Road, ☎ +1 419 281-4407, e-mail: email@example.com. 1353. Ohio maple syrup producer.
- Lyn-Way Restaurant, 1320 Cleveland Ave, ☎ +1 419 281-8911. A bit difficult to find, but worth the effort. Reasonable prices, daily until 10PM.
- Sorellas II, 1505 Claremont Ave, ☎ +1 419 289-6778. Italian family restaurant, great food. Reasonable prices.
- The Dairy Bar, 733 Clark ave, ☎ +1 419 281-3002. One of the greatest greasy spoons in the entire universe. not easy to find, but well worth going out of the way for. you can find their listing here: Dairy Bar Location
- Kelly's Deli, 622 Claremont Ave, ☎ +1 419 281-1313. Another old school diner that does great breakfast. you get in and out for about six bucks. Lots of homestyle food at cheap prices. Kelly's Deli Location
- Pumphouse Grille, 400 Orange St, ☎ +1 419 207-3900. A nicer upscale restaurant in the middle of the old section of town. Food is reasonably priced, and very good. Not a burger and fries joint. Pumphouse Grille Location
- Jake's Steak, 1040 Sugarbush Drive, ☎ +1 419 281-5253. Mon - Thurs 11am - 10pm; Fri & Sat 11am - 11pm; Sunday 11am - 10pm.
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1392 Enterprise Parkway (Township Road 743), ☎ +1 419 281-2900, fax: +1 419 281-5754.
- Mohican Resort & Conference Center. Location:Southern Ashland County. Surrounded by 6,000 acres of Mohican State Forest and borders Pleasant Hill Lake. Hiking, swimming and boating are nearby. 96 recently renovated guestrooms offering a private balcony. The dining room is also open Sundays with a great buffet for $12.95. A Ohio Department of Natural Resources facility.
- Super 8 Ashland, 736 U.S. Highway 250 East, fax: +1 419 281-0567.
- Ashland Post Office, 530 Claremont Ave., Tel: +1 419 289-8307.
- Charles Mill Lake
- Loudonville Recreation area.
- Mohican State Forest
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- Pleasant Hill State Park and Lake
- Mansfield is about 30 minutes southwest on U.S. Route 42.
- Wooster is about 35 minutes southeast on U.S. Route 250.
- Canton is about 1 hour and 10 minutes southeast on U.S. Route 250 and east on U.S. Route 30.
- Cleveland is about 1 hour and 15 minutes northeast on I-71.
- Columbus is about 1 hour and 25 minutes southwest on I-71.
|Routes through Ashland|
|Cleveland ← West Salem ←||N S||→ Mansfield → Columbus|
|Sandusky ← Norwalk ←||W E||→ Wooster → Dover|
|Lorain ← Wellington ←||N S||→ END|