Annapolis Valley is in Nova Scotia.
Towns and Hamlets
- Annapolis Royal
- Kentville (King's County Seat)
- Port George
- Port Williams
Kings Transit buses link most of the towns and villages of the Annapolis Valley. Since they twist and wind all over the place it can take a long time to get anywhere, but you can eventually get just about anywhere, unless it's Sunday (when the buses don't operate).
The old Dominion Atlantic Railway ran through the Annapolis Valley and since being abandoned has been converted to a multi-use trail (hiking, biking, horses, snowmobiles, quads) from Bridgetown to Berwick. There's a three-way junction in the trail in Middleton, where another abandoned rail line goes as far south as New Germany.
- Oaklawn Farm Zoo, 1007 Ward Road, Aylesford, NS, ☎ +1 902 847-9790. A fun adventure for all ages, Oaklawn Farm Zoo boasts the largest display of Big Cats and Primates in Eastern Canada, and much more. Oaklawn's 50-acre zoo offers a relaxing atmosphere in a country like setting. You can stroll along and interact with a wide diversity of mammals, birds and reptiles. Oaklawn Farm Zoo features a large variety of endangered and threatened species of exotic, native and domestic breeds of animals.
- Freeport Whale & Seabird Tours, Freeport (Hwy 217 West), ☎ +1 902-839-2177. Whale watching boat tours into the Bay of Fundy
- Kejimkujik National Park, ☎ +1 902-682-2772. In addition to powered camping sites and a fantastic lake for swimming, there's great backcountry camping available, some sites accessible only by canoe or kayak. Hiking trails that go for days.
The town of Digby is well known for its scallops.
- Leo's Café, 222 St George, Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, ☎ +1 902 532-7424.
- Commercial St. Cafe, Commercial Street (across from the end of George Street), Middleton, Nova Scotia. Lunch only.. A selection of four excellent Asian fusion dishes. The building's facade is misleading: look for what appears to be someone's house with a simple wooden sign that says "Cafe". $8 to $12.
- The End of the Line Pub, 73 Queen St., Bridgetown. The kitchen is often closed by 8:30PM.. Good standard pub fare and great beers on tap, plus Asian Fusion and Tex-Mex nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays.