Ankeny is a suburb of Des Moines in Central Iowa.
Ankeny is 13 mi (21 km) north of downtown Des Moines. Take I-35 and until exit 90 or 92.
- The Ankeny Regional Airport is at the corner of I-35 and SE Oralabor Rd.
- Ankeny has a commuter bus service with two park and ride locations. Maps may be obtained at the Ankeny City Hall, 410 W First St, or the Des Moines Metro Transit Authority .
- Ankeny Press Citizen - Similar to Datebook it also features information about local shows, concerts, movie showtimes and releases, and restaurant reviews. Released on Tuesdays and is free.
- . The ACT is a nonprofit, locally operated, volunteer organization that puts on various events throughout the year.
- Celebration in Brass. Competition of drum and bugle corps from across the nation (the corps are part of the Summer Music Games sponsored by Drum Corps International (DCI)).
- Mid-Iowa Band Championship, Ankeny High School. One of the most prestigious events of its kind. Has grown to include over 30 bands from as many as seven states. Each year, an audience of 5000-7000 people have been thrilled to see many of the Midwest's finest school bands.
- Briarwood Golf Course. 18-hole, par 72 golf course measuring over 7,000 yards with bent-grass fairways and true-rolling greens. They have a beautiful clubhouse and lovely patio that are both great spots for hanging out after the round. Golf Digest gives Briarwood a prestigious 4-star rating.
- Otter Creek Golf Course. 18-hole, par 71 golf course measuring over 6,450 yards with Blue grass fairways and a slope rating of 115. Opened in 1981 it was designed by Donald Ripple & Paul Miller.
- Ankeny Golf & Country Club. Private 9-hole course. There is a 10 acre pond on the 9th hole. The clubhouse overlooks the pond with an excellent view of the finishing green.
- Santa's North Pole Village. A craft sale event held every year on the 1st Saturday of November in the Ankeny High School, Parkview Elementary, and Northview Middle School. This is a big attraction with scores of vendors from all over the region.