Angola is the county seat of Steuben County in Northern Indiana and home of Trine University.
- US 20 goes east-west through the center of town
- I-69 goes near the west side of town, and there are off-ramps at US 20 and N 200 W
- Indiana 127 and Indiana 827 come in from the north
- Old US 27 comes in from the south
Walking or riding a bike are the most common ways to get around downtown, although many large chains are located closer to I-69, so driving might be the better way to go in that way.
- Civil War Monument. Located in the Circle (roundabout of US 20 and Indiana SR 127 in the center of town) stands Steuben County's most popular monument, dedicated to people from Steuben County who fought in the Civil War. It has a plaque and small statue for each of the four branches of the military around the center pillar with a larger statue of Columbia on top.
- Strand Theatre, 51 S Public Square, ☎ +1 260 665 7169. A historic movie theater.
- T. Furth Center for the Performing Arts, 500 W Maumee Street, ☎ +1 260 665 4990. Run by Trine University, this beautiful performance hall was created from a former church and has had such acts as Lee Greenwood, The Charlie Daniels Band, and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, as well as various shows throughout the year from Trine's music department.
Known as "The County of 101 Lakes", there's plenty of nature surrounding you nearly anywhere you go.
- Pokagon State Park, 450 Lane 100 Lake James, Angola, ☎ +1 260 833-2012. One of Indiana's original six state parks, Pokagon is on Snow Lake and all three basins of Lake James. In the warmer months, you're greeted by picturesque trails, and in the colder months, a toboggan run provides the perfect winter fun day.
- Zollner Golf Course, 1215 Park Avenue, ☎ +1 260 665-4269. Trine University's 18-hole golf course that's open to the public.
- Then & Now Antique Mall, 200 W Maumee Street, ☎ +1 260 665 6650. Mon-Sat: 10AM-5PM; Sun: Noon-5PM. Then & Now hosts a massive variety of antiques dealers in its three floors.
- Cahoots Coffee Cafe, 218 W Maumee Street, ☎ +1 260 624 2399. Mon: 8AM-3PM; Tues-Fri: 8AM-7PM; Sat: 10AM-9PM. A corner coffee shop that often has live acts and does a lot for local youth.
- Caruso's, 2435 N 200 W, ☎ +1 260 833 2617, e-mail: email@example.com. Tues-Fri: 11AM-2PM lunch, 4PM-9PM dinner; Sat, Sun: 11:30AM-2PM lunch, 4PM-9PM dinner. A great-tasting Italian-American restaurant.
- Depot Mexican Grill (The Depot), 611 W Maumee Street. 11AM-10PM 7 days a week. One of Trine University's on-campus restaurants, The Depot lets you choose what you want in your Mexican dish of choice by making it in front of you as you go down the line. There's also a salad bar, soup of the day, and flat-out amazing brownies.
- Timbers Steakhouse & Seafood, 1212 W Maumee Street, ☎ +1 260 665 7487. Tues-Thurs, Sun: 6AM-9PM; Fri, Sat: 6AM-10PM; Closed Mondays. Reasonably priced and great tasting steaks, sandwiches, seafood, and many other things! Also has a full bar and an assortment of special days such as Italian Day and Mexican Fiesta.
- Ramada, 3855 N State Road 127 (I-69 Exit 354), ☎ +1 260 665 9471, fax: +1 260 665 5899. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. The local Ramada has a pool, free breakfast, gym, is pet-friendly, and has many other amenities.
|Routes through Angola|
|Lansing ← Coldwater ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Auburn → Fort Wayne|
|South Bend ← Elkhart ←||W E||→ Fayette → Toledo|