Amboise is a town in the Indre-et-Loire department of central France, 20 km east of Tours.
- The TGV from Paris takes less than 90 minutes.
Château d'Amboise in Amboise
- Château d'Amboise. Former royal castle.
- Château du Clos Lucé - Parc Leonardo da Vinci, 2, rue du Clos Lucé 37400 Amboise, ☎ +33 2 47 57 00 73. The home of Leonardo da Vinci for the last three years of his life. The house now holds a museum to his life and work.
- Pagode de Chanteloup. A 44m Chinese pagoda built in 1775 by the Duke of Choiseul.
- Manoir de la Maison Blanche, 18 rue de l'Epinetterie Amboise, ☎ +33 247231614. B&B on the outskirts of Amboise. Set in a park-like setting with horses in the fields. Wonderful breakfast (French-style) served by a host who speaks impeccable English.