The city's name is Spanish for "high mountain." The population was about 42,000 and rising as of 2013.
Altamonte Springs is home to Altamonte Mall, AMC 18 movie theater, and the recently-built Uptown Altamonte Springs. Altamonte Springs is located in one of the more affluent areas of Central Florida.
As in most of Florida, the easiest way to get in is by car.
The easiest way to get around is also by car.
- Cranes Roost Park, Shorecrest & Northlake Blvd. - A thirty seven acre lakeside park features one mile of continuous lighted boardwalk and covered pavilions, various ornamental plants, huge shade trees, park benches, floating stage, 900 seat amphitheater, handicapped accessible restrooms and ranger station. Many of the City's major events take place here.
- Hermit's Trail, Hermit's trail and Highway 436 - This small neighborhood park offers both active and passive recreation options including an equipped playground, and picnic pavilion.
- Lake Lotus Nature Park, The park is a 150-acre nature preserve in west Altamonte Springs. Open Thursday-Sunday 8:30AM-5:30PM
- Lake Orienta Public Boat Ramp and Recreational Area, A 1.5 acre picnic/recreation area with access to lake Orienta, which boasts 135 acres of lake that allows for fishing, skiing, and other water sports.
- Sunshine Park, Located near Lake Orienta Elementary on Oakland Drive it's a one half-acre park with walkways and benches.
- Turnbull Avenue Park, A neighborhood park with picnic tables and playground equipment.
- The Links at 434, 798 West Town Parkway, ☎ +1 407 774-4653. The 9-hole "434" course features 1,220 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 27. The course rating is 27 and it has a slope rating of 100.
- Altamonte Mall
- Scan Design- contemporary furniture
There are some chain restaurants.
- Taste of India, State Road 434.
- Seasons 52, 463 E. Altamonte Drive.
- Cool Wave Frozen Drink, +1 407-865-7405
- Days Inn, 150 South Westmonte Drive, ☎ +1 407-788-1411.
- Quality Inn, 235 S Wymore Rd, ☎ +1 407 862-2800. Check-out: 11AM.
- Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte, 230 W. State Road 436. The Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte formerly the Magnuson Grand Hotel Orlando is just a short drive to Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, Amway Arena, Orlando Space Center and other local attractions.
|Routes through Altamonte Springs|
|Orlando ← Winter Park ←||W E||→ Longwood → Daytona Beach|
|Orlando ← Maitland ←||S/W N/E||→ Casselberry → Jacksonville/Daytona Beach|
|Sanford ← Longwood ←||N S||→ Maitland → Orlando|