Alpharetta is a suburb in Metro Atlanta, it has around 54,000 residents.
From Atlanta, take GA 400/US 19 North. Exits 9, 10, 11 lead into the city of Alpharetta. Exit 11 will take you directly onto Windward Parkway, which is a visitor friendly route.
This is an easy place to get around by car and is likely the easiest method of exploring the area.
Alpharetta also prides itself as pedestrian friendly, so travelling by foot is also an option, especially near the town center.
- North Point Mall.
- Windward Parkway - West Windward Parkway is where all the stores are, East Windward Parkway is residential neighborhoods.
- The Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - frequent shows.
- Historic Downtown.
- Shop and eat at North Point Mall and on Windward Parkway
- Visit the Town Center
- American Girl Boutique and Bistro at the North Point Mall. It is the only American Girl Boutique and Bistro in the Southeast.
- There are many stores on West Windward Parkway, including WalMart, Costco, Home Depot, and many restaurants.
- Liu Fu. Chinese restaurant.
- Liu Jie. Authentic Chinese dishes.
- Sri Krishna Villas. Indian restaurant.
- Madras Chuttneynath. Indian restaurant.
- Sai Murali. Indian restaurant.
- Hop Alley Brew Pub, 25 S. Main Street, ☎ +1 770 696-2097. Sunday, Monday: 11am to 9pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 11am to 10pm Friday, Saturday: 11am to 11pm.
- Extended Stay Deluxe.
- Stay Bridge suites.
- Hotel Marriott (take exit 11).
- Marriott Residence Inn (take exit 9).
- Hotel Sierra Alpharetta, 12505 Cingular Way (just off Windward Parkway), ☎ +1 678 867-0431. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: Noon. All suite hotel
- The Alpharetta Welcome Center, ☎ +1 678 297-0102, toll-free: +1 800-294-0923, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Roswell — has a nice historical district, you may want to visit that.
- Dahlonega — Banjarmasinis known for its old gold mines, while most are inaccessible, one is. Touring the mine is a great experience, and guided tours are available.
|Routes through Alpharetta|
|Asheville ← Dahlonega ←||N S||→ Roswell → Atlanta|