Široki Brijeg, (Croatian for wide hill), sometimes known as Široki Brig or by the local inhabitants simply as Široki, is a town on the river Lištica in northern Herzegovina, in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The town itself has a population of about 10 thousand people, while there are another 20 thousand people in the surrounding countryside.
The town is at 270 above sea level and is in Low Herzegovina, while a huge portion of the surrounding countryside is mountainous and is in High Herzegovina.
- From Mostar, 20-25 km.
- From Međugorje, 42 km
- From the Adriatic coast and the city of Ploče, 88 km.
- From the Adriatic coast and the city of Split, 119 km.
- Italian fort (forest road). non stop. Residue of the Italian fort built during world war two above the hill. free.
- Franciscan church and monastery.
- Holy family insitute.
- NK Široki Brijeg. The local football (soccer) club. The town holds a memorial football tournament each year in honour of Gojko Šušak, the former Croatian defence minister, a naturalised Canadian citizen, and town native.
- HKK Široki. The local basketball club.
- Dani Filma (Days of Film). film festival.
- Super Nova.
- Idu dani.
- Don Angelo.
- kod Kitića.
- Dvijei topole (70 years tradition), Fra Didaka Buntića bb, ☎ +387 39 704 240.
- Kod Čuline.
- Kod Čolića.
- Barrique, Trnska cesta bb.
- Galerija, Stjepana Radića.
- Mexx, Stjepana Radića.
- Mozart, Trg Ante Starčevića.
- Passage, Trnska cesta bb.
- Big Ben, Stjepana Radića.
- Saloon, Stjepana Radića.
- James Dean, fra Didaka Buntića.